Can not find your motivation to study? You may be tired of reading the same subjects, that you are not interested in the subjects or that you are extremely boring.
But cool, you can increase your desire to study, start getting better grades and what is more important; Enjoy studying
In this article I will explain How to motivate you to study , Try to enjoy the study and even some habits that will help you to have better grades.
Learning to be more eager to study is important to achieve your academic goals throughout your years of study because:
- Tea You will concentrate more easily .
- You will study more consistently.
- You will avoid temptations.
- You will persist despite a possible suspension.
In addition, today finishing a degree, bachelor, master, doctorate or any training is only the first step.
Many people think that they will get out of the race, find their job and not have to worry any more about learning.
This may have been true 30 years ago, but today more and more knowledge is being created and new technologies are emerging. What you learned 1 year ago is likely to have changed.
On the other hand, the previous generations will tread strong. How are you going to be competitive if you do not keep learning?
If you want to learn tricks and techniques to study for your exams Visit this article .
3 keys to motivation
Understanding what are the keys to motivation will help you to have more desire to study and to find the reasons to do so.
According to Daniel H. Pink in his book The surprising truth about what motivates us , People are motivated when they have:
- Autonomy : People motivate them not to be controlled, to have freedom to choose how to do their job.
- Domain : People motivate you to master skills or subjects. Your level of aptitude in what you are learning goes up with practice. Almost always mastering a subject or skill requires effort. On the other hand, you never get to the complete mastery of a skill or matter, but the more you train, the closer it is.
- Purpose : People motivate them to work and spend time on something that has a purpose. For example, studying well for medical exams is intended to better treat patients or save more lives.
Some ways to increase your motivation to study are:
1. Take breaks
Stop studying when you notice any signs of fatigue or tiredness. Do not stop when your energies are at a minimum because that way you will be able to take aversion to the study.
If you take a break when your energy level is high, after 10 minutes you will return to the study rested and still with more energy.
2. Think about long-term goals
Thinking that if you pass an exam you will be able to access a job or get the career you want, it will motivate you and you will find a reason to make all that effort.
Write in a post-it the benefits of the effort and remember them when your motivation declines. For example:
- This knowledge will serve me for the rest of my life.
- It will help me get my career approved and get a good job.
- When I finish, I will not have to study again.
In addition, writing your goals on paper will be important to motivate and remember the accomplishments you have to achieve to meet them. read this article For more information.
3. Change perspective
Although some subjects are boring, you can try to change perspective and perceive the content you study as interesting. If you have a real interest in it, it will be much easier for you to acquire knowledge and to deepen your study.
Remember also that not everyone has the opportunity to study.
4. Uses rewards
If you've been studying all afternoon and feel you've given up, give yourself a reward; A meal you like, watching a movie, practicing some sport...
If you have in mind that at the end of the effort you will get something pleasurable, you will study with more desire, Energy and motivation .
To reward yourself:
- Set a goal (for example study topic 8) and reward it if you get it (see a movie).
- The more complicated and more demanding achievements must have greater rewards. Like, small efforts should have smaller rewards.
- If you do not strive, do not reward yourself.
- He also uses rewards with self-affirmations:"you are doing very well","you are the best","keep it up and you will get good grades".
5. Plan the study session
If you start studying and you do not know where you want to go, you'll be lost and wasting your time. Plan the agenda you want to study and try to put an appropriate limit on where to end it. Remember the Parkinson's Law And try to do less things in less time.
How to plan?
- Make a list of tasks to finish and put a limit on each one.
- Sort the list of the most important tasks.
- As you go through each task, I'll strike them off the list.
6. Go to a library
If you feel cloistered in your house, go to a library where you can see that many more people are studying just like you. If you go with friends, better study at different tables to not distract yourself and take the breaks together.
7. Avoid Distractions
With the distractions you will only lose the time and you will see how the hours have passed without advancing in the agenda, which will contribute to that it diminishes your motivation.
Above all, turn off the mobile or put it out of sight so that you are not constantly checking if you have been sent a message.
8. Do the hardest first
Because when we start a task we have more energy, it will be better if we invest it in the most difficult tasks. Besides this way you will not be worried during the day when you have to finish something complicated.
9. Listen to music
Music is a good way to motivate yourself, concentrate or avoid distractions. As long as the same music does not distract you. Therefore it should be classical music or soundtracks mainly.
10. Accepts stress
One of the things that has the worst effect both in the study and in the exams is the Excess stress . Some stress is positive because it will activate you to study, but too much will only achieve physiological symptoms, that you spend too much energy and deconcentrarte.
Just think that exams and study are a part of life and that this will not end if you suspend a simple examination. If you strive hard enough and persevere you will approve and receive the rewards you wanted.
11. Do it little by little
This is related to planning. Do not bump into 10 hours in a day. You will frustrate and develop disgust at the study.
Instead, study a little every day. 2-3 hours to not saturate and demotivate. In addition, if you study with time, instead of just the day before, you will make the knowledge you acquire settle in your memory in the long term.
And what do you do to increase motivation for the study?