Online recruitment is the process of finding candidates that make HR professionals from the internet and social networks.
Doing a recruiting strategy and establishing an efficient system is very important today. Although there are still professionals, even young people, who do not have their profile in the main professional networks, they are becoming less and is an additional way of obtaining information from the candidates.
- The main advantage of recruiting 2.0 is its c Aptitude to segment by age, sex, formation... It is therefore an organized information.
-The Jobs in a social network will be seen by most of the users who are listed as followers of the company and by their ability to spread and influence, can reach many more users.
- Allow access to passive and active candidates.
-It allows access to professional and personal information.
- It is cheaper than traditional recruitment: it is not necessary to publish advertisements in newspapers or job websites, it decreases the time necessary and saves the cost of selection companies.
- It is necessary to enter into greater contact with other departments of the company, mainly with Marketing and with the Social Media Manager.
-The selection and recruitment process is more complex.
"You need to learn how to handle technology.
-In Spain and Latin America 98% of Spanish companies had internet (2013).
-The 51% of the Spaniards look for employment by the rrss.
How to make a recruitment process online?
1. Create a 2.0 web site (or, in default, LinkedIn profile, Twitter or Facebook).
Make it different from the corporate website, as this will generate the attention, interaction and collaboration of the candidate. In addition, you can"sell"yourself as a company to attract the best candidates. You can make videos of your organization / company, a blog, put opinions of your employees, etc. In addition, it should be positioned: SEO and SEM.
Nike, adidas or telephone, have Linkedin page only for recruitment and recruiting websites apart from the corporate.
2. Social media plan for recruitment and selection
In this phase, the Marketing Department and the Human Resources Department will have to work together.
- The messages have to be viral, that resonate in the target audience.
- What social networks? Facebook, twitter, google +, linkedin. Each is used more by one profile or another.
Facebook Is generalist and its users publish personal and professional information. It increases the visibility of your company, you can create followers to keep informed, it is checked daily, you can advertise with a lot of segmentation and has a lot of viral power for the offers you publish. Some interesting are the groups that there are professionals.
Although not all companies already have Facebook profile, it is something common in multinationals.
With Twitter can Create a community of followers around the brand and the web of employment, in order to converse, listen to opinions, receive feedback, etc. Like facebook, it has great viral power (retweets, comments, hashtags) and you can do specific user searches.
Example: Adecco .
In Linkedin Are usually all professionals and is the most used for the job search. If you prefer to increase your possibilities, offer inmail messages (to be able to contact any user or candidate), publish offers and announcements, in addition to the company profile to inform, employer branding and recruit.
-The social media plan to recruit and select goes from the general and executive plan of business, values, history, mission, culture...
-Be clear the objectives you are looking for: get followers, how many candidates per offer you get, the repercussions...
- Plan what content you are going to publish and how often. You must be interesting content.
- Measure the data (followers, candidates, visits) and attend to the requests and questions.
The profiles of social networks and manage them is the work of Marketing and the recruitment, is the Human Resources. However, in SMEs with few employees, it will be the HR manager who has to establish and guide the process.
3. Employer Branding
Even if you have fulfilled the objective of filling a certain position, the work continues with the Employer Branding .
The social networks in HR not only serve for the selection, but to create an image of the company that attracts the candidates with talent (Employer Branding), among other functions. New employees will like to see a company that is up to date, cares about its employees, modern, adapts to new technologies and open to change.
-Create a relationship plan with followers and candidates: what to do with those followers, what to say, what to answer, what events you will do with them. You can also create a database with the information of the different professionals.
What do you think? Regards in Social Networks?