I leave you 81 Phrases about greatness Of great thinkers such as Ralph Waldo Emerson, Horace Mann, William Shakespeare, Mahatma Gandhi, Oscar Wilde the Fyodor Dostoievsky.
You may also like These quotes about humility .
1-I fear that we confuse power with greatness. Stewart Udall.
2-Who serves the majority, stands in the line of greatness: great wealth, great gain, great satisfaction, great reputation and great joy. -Jim Rohn.
3-Do not fear greatness, some are born great, some achieve greatness, some greatness is imposed on them and others great greatness. -William Shakespeare.
4-The greatness of man resides in his power of thought. -Blaise Pascal.
5-The greatness of action includes immorality as much as moral greatness: Cortes and Napoleon, as well as Luther and Washington. -Edwin Percy Whipple.
6. A solid and substantial grandeur of the soul overlooks the censure and applause of the crowd. -Joseph Addison.
7-Greatness, as we see it daily, is unsociable. -Walter Savage Landor.
8-The tomb is the pedestal of greatness. I make a distinction between the greatness of God and the greatness of the king. -Walter Savage Landor.
9-A man who seeks greatness does not feel small desires. -Ralph Waldo Emerson.
10-Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the correct use of force; And strength is not used properly when it only serves to carry a man over his fellows pursuing his own personal glory. The greatest is he whose strength conquers the greatest number of hearts drawn by his. -Henry Ward Beecher.
11-Do not look for greatness, seek the truth and you will find both. -Horace Mann.
12-True greatness lies in being kind, true wisdom lies in a happy mind. "Wheeler Wilcox.
13. It is the nature of man to rise to greatness, if greatness is what is expected of him. -John Steinbeck.
14-Just do what needs to be done. This may not be happy, but it is greatness. - George Bernard Shaw.
15-We will never solve the enigma of the relationship between the negative bases of greatness and greatness by itself. -Jean Baudrillard.
16-The essence of greatness is the neglect of the self. -James Anthony Froude.
17-The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -Mahatma Gandhi.
18-The abuse of greatness is when the remorse of power is dissociated. -William Shakespeare.
19-I have touched the highest point of all my greatness. -William Shakespeare.
20-Many have had their greatness made by them, by their enemies. -Baltasar Gracian.
21-What greatness does is to begin something that will survive after you. -Ralph Washington Sockman.
22-The one who does the best is the greatest man. Power, authority, dignity, honors, wealth, and social status are so valuable as they are placed in the hands of men who are more exemplary and more useful than they could be in a dark and private life. Therefore, they are means leading to an end, and that end is goodness. -John Jortin.
23-Suffering becomes beautiful when one suffers great calamities with joy, not through insensitivity, but through greatness of mind. -Aristotle.
24-Nothing is simpler than greatness, in fact, to be simple is to be great. -Ralph Waldo Emerson.
25-The only thing that is between greatness and me, is me. -Woody Allen.
26-The greatness of man consists in his ability to do and in the correct application of his powers to the things that need to be done. -Frederick Douglass.
27-Keep me away from wisdom that does not cry, philosophy that does not laugh and greatness that does not bow before children. Khalil Gibran.
28-Few will have the greatness to double their own history, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events, and in total, of all those acts, we will write the history of this generation. -Robert Kennedy.
29-Vilipendiar a great man is the easiest way in which a small man can achieve greatness. -Edgar Allan Poe.
30-The first element of greatness is fundamentally humility (not to be confused with servility); The second is the liberation of the self; The third is fearless courage, which, taken in its broadest interpretation, usually goes with truth; And the fourth is the power of love, although I have put it in the last place, it is the rarest. -Margot Asquith.
31-For men could close their eyes to greatness, to horror, to beauty, and to close their ears to melodies or seductive words, but they could not escape perfume. -Patrick Süskind.
32-Greatness inspires envy, envy breeds resentment, rancor produces lies. -J. K. Rowling.
33-That is the teaching of the well: sometimes it is necessary to touch bottom to understand the greatness of the sky. -Francesc Miralles.
34-The greatness of man sneaks into sleep. Today we no longer breathe, we drown. We have suppressed dreams, as we have suppressed the soul and Heaven... -Katherine Pancol.
35-If you wish to see the real greatness of a man, observe the way he treats his inferiors, not his equals. -J. K. Rowling.
36-True human greatness is in the practice of goodness without conditions, in the ability to give to those who have nothing, but not what we have left, but a part of what little we have. -Leonardo Padura.
37-And so we discard the difficult, for in investigating it we lose patience, the humble and sober, because it does not agree with our hopes of greatness. -Francis Bacon.
38. I am not to decorate with superfluous words a greatness so manifest. -Edmondo of Amicis.
39-Because the greater the greatness of a love, the longer is the suffering when it ends. It is as in mathematics: these are directly proportional magnitudes. Sentimental Mathematics. -Federico Moccia.
40-To be satisfied of everything does not possess the charm that supposes to maintain a fair fight against the unhappiness, nor the picturesque one of the combat against the temptation or against a fatal passion or a doubt. Happiness never has greatness. -Aldous Huxley.
41-If we remember that Moses discovered God in an insignificant bramble that burned in the middle of the desert, if we consider that Buddha reached enlightenment sleeping under a fig tree, if we do not forget that Jesus Christ was born in a manger... we can realize the Little importance to where you start compared to the greatness of where you are going. -Jorge Bucay.
42-It is compassion, not fear, which creates harmony in most races, and it is harmony, the union to achieve shared goals, which precedes greatness. -R. A. Salvatore.
43-The mission of finding and destroying our own ego brings us closer to greatness. -Yehuda Berg.
44. Human freedom possesses incredible grandeur. Thanks to it, man does not have the power to change everything around him, but he does have (which is much better) the ability to give meaning to everything, even to what he lacks! -Jacques Philippe.
45-Political greatness is shown when, in difficult times, it works by great principles and thinking of the common good in the long term. -Pope Francisco.
46-A great artist can not feel the beauty of a work other than his own. Bad artists admire each other and this is called greatness of mind. -Oscar Wilde.
47 Man, do not exalt yourselves above animals: they do not know sin, while you, with all your greatness, corrupt the earth with your presence and leave a trail of rottenness... -Fyodor Dostoievsky.
48-In the kingdom of the heavens there is no greatness to conquer, since there everything is established hierarchy, clear incognito, exist without term, impossibility of sacrifice, rest and delight. -I am Carpentier.
49. Therefore, burdened with sorrows and tasks, beautiful in its misery, able to love in the midst of plagues, man can only find his greatness, his maximum measure in the kingdom of this world. -I am Carpentier.
50-That greatness requires suffering has been a difficult lesson to learn. Kristin Cashore.
51-A great man shows his greatness in the way he treats someone smaller. The value you give people determines whether you are a motivator or a manipulator of men. Zig Ziglar.
52-Forget greatness, seek smallness. Trust more, and presume less. Make many requests and accept all gifts. Approach God as a child approaches his father. -Max Lucado.
53. Madness and greatness are but two sides of the same coin. -George R. R. Martin.
54. Among them also was strength and greatness. But while we, the marked, believed to represent the will of nature towards the new, individual and future, the others lived in a will to stay. -Hermann Hesse.
"We all failed once. It is not a choice between failure and success; But to choose the risk and aspire to greatness, or not take any risk and ensure mediocrity. -Keith Ferrazzi.
56-You will learn contempt for the smallness of the powerful, you will know respect for the greatness of the little ones. -Gilbert Sinoué.
57-Do not speak of your greatness; Really, in your natural essence, you are no better than those around you. -Wallace D. Wattles.
58-The mark of greatness is when everything before you is obsolete, and everything after you carries your mark. -Dave Chappelle.
If we can not see the possibility of greatness, how can we dream it? -Lee Strasberg.
60-All greatness is unconscious, or is little and nothing. "Thomas Carlyle.
61-Greatness breaks the laws. -Louise Berliawsky Nevelson.
62-When greatness descends from its high pedestal, it assumes human dimensions. -Louise Colet.
63. A man does not show his greatness by being at one end, but rather by touching both at once. -Blaise Pascal.
64-The line between greatness and darkness is very, very small. -Peabo Bryson.
65. Greatness is never free; Must be earned. -Barack Obama.
It is not in the nature of true greatness to be exclusive and arrogant. -Henry Ward Beecher.
67-Choose to be close to people who are empowered, who appeal to your sense of connection with intention, who see greatness in you, who feel connected with God. -Wayne Dyer.
68. True greatness, in the first place, is a matter of the heart. She is alive with strong and generous sympathies. It lives up to its age, and ahead of it only to the point of being able to lead its march. He can not sleep, because activity is a necessity of his existence. It is not a deposit, but a source. -Roswell Dwight Hitchcock.
69. Today a good character is formed by greatness, greatness in vision, greatness in courage, greatness in perception, greatness in purpose and devotion. -TO. Powell Davies.
70-Greatness is not something teachable or winable, but the expression of the mind of a great man made by God. -John Ruskin.
71-Copiousness and simplicity, variety and unity, constitute the true greatness of character. -Johann Kaspar Lavater.
72. Greatness is its own torment. -Theodore Parker.
73. The ultimate test of greatness lies in being able to endure criticism without resentment. -Elbert Hubbard.
74. Greatness and goodness are not means but ends. -Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
75-The potential of greatness lives within each of us. -Wilma Rudolph.
76-Do not despise the lower rungs in the ascent to greatness. -Publilius Syrus.
77-It is the nature of all greatness not to be exact. -Edmund Burke.
78. Big men lose some of their greatness by being near us, ordinary men gain a lot. -Walter Savage Landor.
79. Greatness consists in trying to be great. There is no other way. -Albert Camus.
80. True greatness consists in being great in small things. -Charles Simmons.
81. The price of greatness is responsibility. -Winston Churchill.